To have your name added, contact Amber Polk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes from the SUMMIT breakout sessions can now be found on the WIT pages linked below.
- F2F Core Team
- Game Plan
- Advisory Committee
- NC Food NETwork: a North Carolina Food System directory
- Working Issues
- Community Gardens
- Direct Marketing
- Farm to School
- Local Government & Land Use
- New and Transitioning Farmer Support
- Processing & Food Systems Infrastructure
- Public Health & Food Access Disparities
- Retail & Institutional Markets
- Youth and Social Networking
- Formalizing the Initiative: Foundations & Baselines
- Regional Meetings
- How are we defining LOCAL?
- Regional Meetings Overview & Summary
- Triangle Region SUMMIT breakout session notes
- Mountain Region SUMMIT breakout session
- NorthEast Region SUMMIT breakout session notes
- Southeastern Region SUMMIT breakout session notes
- Triad Region SUMMIT breakout session notes
- Raleigh meeting
- Burgaw meeting
Golden Leaf Foundation
Z. Smith Reynolds
Ag Advancement Consortium
W.K. Kellogg Foundation
The purpose of the regional meetings is to bring together those engaged in all aspects of the food system. We want to identify specific regional and local sustainable food systems models that are working and also regional challenges that can be addressed through policies, programs, and funding.
If you are a farmer, supplier, processor, economic development organizer, distributor, farm and food industry worker, extension or other educator, marketer, financial provider, University or community college, elected official, government agency worker, county and city planner, farm organization, anti-poverty organizer, social justice worker, consumer or consumer group, granting agency, health and wellness organization, environmental group, food bank, or other–join us!
Please note: These regional meetings are facilitated working sessions and you should come ready to provide vital input into this collaborative process.
- Raleigh, Oct 14, 8:30-11:30, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship at 3313 Wade Ave.
- Burgaw, Oct 21, 1:30-4:30, Pender County Cooperative Extension office, 801 South Walker St
- Asheville, Nov 12, 1:30-4:30 at the NC Arboretum, 100 Frederick Law Olmsted Way
- Concord/Charlotte, Dec 8, 1:30-4:30, Cabarrus County arena/event center directions: www.cabarrusarena.com
- Winston-Salem/Greensboro/Highpoint, Dec 10, 5:30-8:30, 400 W Hanes Mill Rd
Winston Salem, directions: http://www.sciworks.org/SciInfoDirections.html , (336) 767-6734
- Greenville, Dec 15, 1:30-4:30, St. Timothy’s, 107 Louis St., Greenville, (252) 355-2125